As this year comes to a close, Tooth & Nail Records celebrates an amazing year for Thousand Foot Krutch with the release of their fifth studio album, another Top 30 Active Rock single, national TV/Movie song placements, touring and more. To applaud this band on their amazing efforts throughout 2009, below is a year in review as well as a look ahead to 2010.
Winter 2009: Thousand Foot Krutch began the year with a performance at the ESPN Winter X Games 13 in Aspen/Snowmass, CO. as part of the “Best of the Beat” for Taco Bell®’s Feed the Beat program, which the band was voted as one of three winners in 2008. The games were held January 22-25, 2009 and aired live on ESPN and ABC and affiliates.
Spring 2009: Fans were giving a preview of what has been named as one of the best rock albums this year by many with the free download “Bring Me To Life” as part of the Taco Bell’s Feed The Beat music program. TFK partnered with familiar face, Aaron Sprinkle, to produce the single, and mixer Randy Staub, to mix the single, which was available for a free download to fans preceding the Fall release.
Summer 2009: This summer, TFK lit up TV airwaves with their hit song“Fire It Up.” This high-energy, crunchy riff-filled, rock song was featured in the major movie trailer for “G.I. Joe”, EA Sports NHL 10 video game, ESPN's NASCAR Nationwide series as well as on the Versus Network IndyCar races multiple times. These song placements were a huge precursor of the success to come with the release of the new album in September.
Fall 2009: TFK released their fifth album, “Welcome To The Masquerade,” which was co-produced by Aaron Sprinkle and Trevor McNevan, to resounding media and fan acclaim debuting at No. 35 on the Billboard Top 200 and No. 2 on the Christian albums chart. Digitally, the album spent street week in the Top 10 on the overall album and rock chart on iTunes (peaking at No. 4 and No.2).
• Multiple media outlets named this release as one of the band’s best efforts, but in addition TFK received a 4.5 star review along with the stamp of approval from All Music Guide. The review stated: “Each track is propelled by muscular riffs, fighting its way into permanent memory alongside the greatest mainstream rock bands of the decade.”
• The band also celebrated their seventh No. 1 Christian Rock single with “Bring Me To Life” (3 weeks straight) as well as entered the Top 15 on CHR with the single “Forward Motion.”
• Supporting this new release and expanding their reach, TFK signed with Paradigm Agency (Coldplay, Avril Lavigne, Augustana). The band is represented by Larry Webman and Mike Snider.
• As hockey season kicked in full gear, three teams (New York Islanders, Rockford Icehogs and Ottawa Senators) selected “Fire It Up” as their pre-game warm up or promotional song for the season. At the same time the song “Scream” was used for Spike TV’s Scream Awards as Harrison Ford entered the stage.
• Also this year, TFK once again entered the charts on the Active Rock format with “Fire It Up” marking their fourth Top 30 hit on this chart. The single continues to climb and currently sits at #27. Radio Programmers across the country had much praise for the single:
“I first heard "Fire It Up" and it was a one-listen, no-brainer. This might be the track that gives Thousand Foot Krtuch the biggest breakout hit of their career.”
- PD Michael Cross of KFMW-FM
“A great anthem with a huge hook! I can already here it being chanted at stadiums across the country!!! I guarantee you sports teams will be jumping all over this right after they hear it!”
- Matt Bingham MD of WKQZ.
“Sharp, crisp and like golden rays of rock through your speakers, from a higher place and with a smile!”
- Jose Mangin, Format Manager at Sirius XM Octane
“If you're looking for a first-listen-must-play-for-everyone track, here it is."
-Scott Less-PD-KXFX,Santa Rosa
Lastly to close out a spectacular year, TFK has been named on many 2009 Albums of the Year Lists including the below.
Looking Ahead: In 2010, Thousand Foot Krutch will bring their fans a headline “Welcome To The Masquerade” Tour starting in March. Special guests include Since October, The Letter Black and Write This Down. Tour dates and locations will be announced in January.
Overall this year was incredible for Thousand Foot Krutch! The band is looking forward to next year, and thanks their fans, media and radio listeners for all the support this year!
For more information on TFK visit their website (www.thousandfootkrutch.com) MySpace (www.myspace.com/thousandfootkrutch) Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/thousandfootkrutch) and Twitter - @officialTFK.